Sunday, July 12, 2009

Code Geass thoughts

No, this is not a review but more of my own thoughts of Code Geass (both seasons). I finished re-watched both seasons this week. I don't know why I did but the only reason is probably this anime is just too good. Okay, there's been too many discussions of this anime everywhere else especially the ending, sequel, & most importantly, Lelouch himself.

I'm gonna get into 4 things in this post...

1) Ending
2) Lelouch - Hero or Villain?
3) Lelouch - Dead or Alive?
4) Sequel

Ending
Let us start with the ending shall we? If you're wondering, yes I mean the ending of R2 a.k.a season 2. As much people liked the ending, I'm reading negative comments about it too. If you ask me, I'm gonna said I'm with the 'good ending' side. Why? I mean, there's no way Lelouch could be forgiven after all the things he did even some he didn't mean it, some was good & some was purely evil. He's a man that will put everything on his shoulder & should anyone to attone the sins, himself will do. Afterall, he could not face Suzaku & Nunnally (two most important things in his life) even he unite the world for all the things he done...Also, his main objective already achive which is revenge his mother (by killing V.V.) & create a world where Nunally can happily lives in (destroy Britannia & unite the world). No matter how you look at it, the ending was epic neverthenless. Zero killed Lelouch & so, the symbol of Zero lives on.

Lelouch - Hero or Villain?
This one is tough. Is a matter of how you look at it. He's a hero among Japanese but a villain among Britanians. If he did not take the 1st step to rebel, the world will probably still united but under the control of Britanians but less people will die (I assume) but more will suffer. I probably agree with "You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty." A view from the neutral, do you think Britanians makes a good government (minus the world Charles trying to create) or rebel is not worth it even it succeed in the end (but many bloods will be shed)? You decide.

Lelouch - Dead or Alive?
Man, this is one of the reason I like & hate Code Geass at the same time. It makes my brain works a lot. Some said Lelouch is immortal by the time Suzaku killed him. Some said Lelouch is the horseman with C.C. in the end. (only make sense if he's immortal). For me, the most decisive point would be Jeremiah. He's loyal to Lelouch. It's either he knew that 'guy' is not Lelouch or probably immortal or he respect his master decision in order make the plan works out. My take would be, Lelouch is dead for real since he has to kill C.C. in order to become immortal. As much as I like Lelouch to be alive, unfortunately, there's no point for him to be except one.....continue reading shall ya?

Sequel
Majority likes epic anime & hope it'll go on forever. I'm no difference. Will there be a sequel? I will not lie, I'm going to do anything I able to make it happen ONLY for some reason. Anime will be spoiled if they were dragging too long. Just look at Naruto, Bleach, One Piece (no offense to any of the fans) & etc...They will be good moments, but as the story goes on, viewer will get bored, hence filler coming in. Tell me, what they will put in if there's a sequel? Another invasion? Or perhaps rebellion? Scheinzel wake up from Geass, since Lelouch is dead (this one is possible I tell you, if they really decided to make a sequel).

The 50 long episode consists of both seasons ends very well imo. It leaves a beautiful memory to the audience. Fans gone begging for a third season is just because they want to confirm Lelouch is Dead or not & another reason would be, they want this anime to continue. As I hope that Sunrise will explain things to us, a sequel is not necessary but I will support for a OVA or Movie instead. It should be sufficient to satisfy & end fans doubts bout Lelouch (if they decided to conclude about him) & end the series in a more beautiful way.



If you have any disagreeement or thought like to share, welcome to post. I'm more happy to discuss more about this series since it's definately an interesting one.

No comments:

Post a Comment